The amount of fuel oil saved per year corresponds to a 17 km long convoy of tank trucks.
The undisputed ecological benefit of thermal recycling by preserving vital resources is an essential aspect of this new approach to waste management. The ecological benefits can be described quantitatively, for example, with the indicators “CO2 emissions saved”, and “environmental impact points saved (UBP)”. The graph illustrates the interrelationships using the figures for 2017.
The following comparisons illustrate the ecological benefits of these savings: 50'000 t CO2 correspond to
- 0.1% of Switzerland's total annual CO2 emissions
- 4.4% of the net CO2 emissions of all Swiss MWIPs or 25% of the agreed reduction target from 2010 to 2020 (CO2 agreement)
- 16 million liters of heating oil
83 billion environmental impact points correspond to
- the environmental impact of the annual electricity consumption of 40,000 Swiss inhabitants
- the environmental impact of 250 million km of car travel (total annual mileage of all inhabitants of the Swiss city of Uster)
Client: AWEL, Zürich / Author: Rytec AG, Münsingen / © 4/2020